Saturday, May 20, 2017

Funeral Mass for Anne Jane "Nancy" Milani


1st Reading.  Proverbs 31:10-13, 19-20, 30-31
10 Who can find* a woman of worth?  Far beyond jewels is her value.  11 Her husband trusts her judgment; he does not lack income. 12 She brings him profit, not loss, all the days of her life.  13 She seeks out wool and flax and weaves with skillful hands.

19 She puts her hands to the distaff, and her fingers ply the spindle. 20 She reaches out her hands to the poor, and extends her arms to the needy. 21 She is not concerned for her household when it snows— all her charges are doubly clothed.

30 Charm is deceptive and beauty fleeting; the woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. 31 Acclaim her for the work of her hands, and let her deeds praise her at the city gates.

Responsorial Psalm.
Shepherd me, O God, beyond my wants,
beyond my fears, from death into life.

1 God is my shepherd, so nothing shall I want,
I rest in the meadows of faithfulness and love,
I walk by the quiet waters of peace.

2 Gently you raise me and heal my weary soul,
you lead me by pathways of righteousness and truth,
my spirit shall sing the music of your name.

3 Though I should wander the valley of death,
I fear no evil, for you are at my side,
your rod and your staff, my comfort and my hope.

4 You have set me a banquet of love
in the face of hatred,
crowning me with love beyond my power to hold.

5 Surely your kindness and mercy
follow me all the days of my life;
I will dwell in the house of my God forevermore.

2nd Reading.  Romans 14:7-12
Whether we live or die, we are the Lord's.

A reading from the Letter of Saint Paul to the Romans

7 None of us lives for oneself, and no one dies for oneself. 8 For if we live, we live for the Lord, and if we die, we die for the Lord; so then, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s.  9 For this is why Christ died and came to life, that he might be Lord of both the dead and the living.  10 Why then do you judge your brother? Or you, why do you look down on your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of God; 11 for it is written: “As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bend before me, and every tongue shall give praise to God.” 12 So [then] each of us shall give an account of himself [to God].

Gospel.  Matthew 11:25-30
You have hidden these things from the wise and the learned and have revealed them to the childlike.

A reading from the holy Gospel according to Matthew
25 At that time Jesus said in reply, “I give praise to you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for although you have hidden these things from the wise and the learned you have revealed them to the childlike.  26 Yes, Father, such has been your gracious will.  27 All things have been handed over to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son wishes to reveal him. 28 “Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest.  29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves.  30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.”



No comments:

Post a Comment